- One of you must be a resident of Hardin County, Ohio.
- Couples from out-of-state may apply for a marriage license in Hardin County but will have their license stamped “Valid Only in Hardin County.”
- The application may be completed on-line (Click Here).
- Both applicants must come to this office together to apply for the marriage license (even if you have completed the application on-line).
- Both applicants must provide Photo ID-Driver’s License or State ID. If you have no photo ID, you must have a certified copy of your birth record. If you are from another country, you must have a Passport, Visa or Green card (in English) as proof of being a legal resident of the US.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to apply for a marriage license. If under the age of 18, please call the Probate Court to schedule an appointment to apply.
- If either person has been divorced, a CERTIFIED COPY of the most recent divorce/dissolution decree must be provided at the time of application. It must also show a file stamped date, case number, Judge’s signature, and have a county seal where the divorce/dissolution was granted.
- If your previous spouse is deceased, you will need their name and date of death.
There is no waiting period and no blood test. The License is issued the same day and must be used within 60 days anywhere in the State of Ohio.
Our office hours are Monday – Thursday 8:00-4:00 and Friday 8:00-5:00. Couples must arrive thirty minutes before closing time in order to process the Marriage Application.
The Fee for a Marriage License is $45.00. We do not accept personal checks. We will accept credit card payments. If you are bringing cash, please be sure to have the exact change as we do not always have change.